Kickball in the City

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Can we talk?

Last night some of my buddies from a team I play on were leaving the dead bar scene at our kickball sponsor bar early because nobody really talks to anybody. I mean, nobody on other teams.

One of the worst things that can happen in kickball at the bar is for teams to just stay together the whole night, doesn't this defeat the purpose for playing kickball - namely meeting new people? My friends were saying to me that they joined to meet people, but that everyone stays in their own groups, and this is true in many cases. And it sucks.

Just mingle with other people. In some ways it's too bad that we all wear kickball tees to the bar because if we didn't I think people would be more apt to approach one another. So, just be that person. Float around from table to table, join in on a flip cup game with a team that's not yours, do anything to break the unwritten code of just hanging with your team. I think you'll find a lot of cool people that you otherwise may not have spoken to, and you'll be a trailblazer. Everyone will be better of for it. Who the hell wants to talk to the same people every week anyway?

That's my Public Service Annoucement for this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home