Kickball in the City

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

When Google Ads go Bad

Normally, I wait until the morning to post, but this is too insane. I will echo some of the comments by Sideshow Bob in the last blog posting, buit have to add a few of my own. And really, DC Kickball founder, if you make it this easy what else can I do?

I get an email from the founder telling me the other day that he keeps less of the money from kickball than I thought. This is a little like coming in late to work and then arguing with your boss that you were only 15 minutes late when she said you were 20 minutes late. Um, you're still in the wrong - and that was the case with him.

Now, he wants me and other kickballers to give him additional monies to cover his court fees. Why not use some of the money that you are NOT returning to kickballers for parties for that? In part, I do understand doing this - I want him to win - but also, based on our last exchange this seems a little out of place.


Then as I scan the letter that accompanies his new legal defense fund page on his blog I see nothing much. I need money there are costs. Ok Ok I'm thinking. Then I look to the left of the page where there are Google ads (by the way, clicking on these ads helps generate money for the cash-needing founder). I freeze. "What in the name of all that is HOLY!" I think. I call Sideshow and tell Sideshow to open the page. Same thing. An ad for WAKA ON THE F'N LEGAL DEFENSE FUND PAGE!!!



So after reading how he needs to fight WAKA and he needs my money to do that, he is helping to advertise for them?! Is this the Twilight Zone? I realize he doesn't control the Google ads. But can't you code into them keywords with parameters like "kickball not WAKA"?? Seriously, is this some kind of bad joke? Money can't be so important to the DC Kickball founder that he would advertise for the guys suing him, can it?

Otherwise I can just click on the WAKA ad to help the DC Kickball guy get a few cents for his defense fund. Mr. Founder, just take the Google ads down, it looks bad.

1 Comments:

  • I am flabbergasted. That's like asking your friend for advice on how to have sex with his girlfriend. I think. Metaphors scare me.

    By Blogger Ar-Jew-Tino, at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home