Kickball in the City

Monday, September 25, 2006

Like Mr T. said...


Ok this is getting ridiculous. I know that many of the people who read my ramblings and ravings play in DC Kickball. I have written things here, some praising and some paddling, DC Kickball in an effort to make it better. The guy who started it takes everything personally. Until now nothing has been meant personally. Until now...

Open letter to the DC Kickball Founder Carter Rabasa:

Hi Carter, this is Kickball Homer. Do me a favor please and stop acting like a jackass and get the WAKA ads off of your Legal Defense Fund page. Seriously dude, you have raised $10 so far and I'm not sure why. You claim to be representing and fighting for "indy" kickball, yet you advertise for the guys suing you. Further, the only way you get money from the google ads is when people actually click on them. So I am going to help you make money right now by clicking on the WAKA ad which will take me to their site. There they state that they need to protect everyone from you (well not you directly, but you know who they mean) by using intellectual property laws to sue you.

I wrote about this, not directly to you, last week and the ads went away; now they are back. So, I am writing to you directly as a paying customer of your league because while I think your fighting WAKA is noble, you can't advertise for them at the same time. If you want money from me in addition to my registration fee, you have to be smarter than this. It is appalling that you are STILL advertising for them.

If you continue to put ads for them up on your site, I have to draw the conclusion that you only care about money. When you initially started the league I don't think it was the case, but if this continues what other conclusion can I draw? And if you're the same as them then don't bother fighting the lawsuit, just fold up and go to school in Texas early. That would be a sad thing, but what's the point?

Just take the damn ads down already Carter. You look like a fool, and not one worthy of pity, but rather scorn.

Sincerely,

Kickball Homer

1 Comments:

  • I think you guys should post ads for ExLax, because you seem a bit constipated. If I may borrow a phrase from Mr. T: Quit yo jibber-jabber!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home