Kickball in the City

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I don't even know what this is


I know I complain a lot about the Kash guys at WAKA and how they are the worst kickball league in the area when it comes to greed. I know I gave stated that they lie about small things like exactly where their regional playoffs are. Yes, I have been known to comment on the people that they hire and how pitiful they must be. All of it's true. It was illustrated again today.

Earlier today Sideshow Bob received the number one best party invitation ever:

Hello DC Hill Kickballers,

Here is the preliminary information on the End of Season Party:

Location:* *Exchange,* *1719 G Street NW*
Date: Saturday, November 4th*
Time: 8PM* The time may change slightly (within an hour).
The board will send out a definate time at the beginning of next week.

The Board

Michelle Vaccaro
WAKA Kickball - The World Adult Kickball Association www.kickball.com
michelle@kickball.com
The New American Pastime TM
One Huge Weekend,

One Hot WAKA Experience

Join us for WAKA's
Leaders Cup W orld Kickball Championship

Nov 10-12 in San Diego, CA

I think it mainly speaks for itself, but I must comment. This was sent out by a WAKA employee, not a division volunteer. In this email is possibly the worst signature I have ever seen:

Michelle Vaccaro
WAKA Kickball - The World Adult Kickball Association
www.kickball.com
michelle@kickball.com
The New American Pastime TM
One Huge Weekend,

One Hot WAKA Experience

Join us for WAKA's
Leaders Cup W orld Kickball Championship

Nov 10-12 in San Diego, CA


Michelle, sweetie, run spell check. Stop using the retun key, and form a coherent thought. This is the thing that everyone sees on every email you send out! Do you work for WAKA, a travel agency, or a dating site? I'm made dizzy by the propositions just in your signature. Do I want a "Hot WAKA Experience"? A "Nov 10-12 trip to San Diego, CA"? Or to see the "Leaders Cup W orld Kickball Championship (sic)"? Whatever you need, Michelle's your chick. Woohoo!

Let's say I plan on going to this party. If I can get through the annoying use**of asterisks** for whatever reason I see that the party is from 8 until eternity (give or take an hour). And is free! This is a first in my dealings with the Kash guys. But wait, what the hell am I getting for free? What exactly is at this party? Maybe this is some kind of scam like those people who draw your name for a "free lunch" when you put your business card in a bowl. Then when you go to lunch they make you sit through some 30 minute thing for a time share or how they have the answer to your real estate dreams. I guess I'll wait for The Board to clarify, since they will "defantely" be getting back to Sideshow.



Yes, yes you can party. Right after we show you this beautiful oceanfront timeshare, in Arizona.



In any case, this is by far the worst invitation from a professional organization I think I've ever seen. You would think for $60 a season, of which 80 percent goes to overhead, they could hire people who can spell. Or run spell check. Hmm, come to think of it this may be the worst excuse for an invite I have ever gotten. My little niece's invitation to her 10th birthday party at least knew how long it would last. But of course she doesn't work for the Kash guys. Although I hear they need people...




This week 4th grade, next week WAKA employee of the month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home