Kickball in the City

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I'm a sucker


It's true, if something cheap I almost feel an obligation to buy it. Thus I have to give NAKID props for suckering me in with their "join more than one chapter for the fall and get a discount" deal. What can I do?

I think many more people in WAKA would join several divisions if they got a discount for joining additional ones. I mean, it would be a kickball dorks DREAM - kickball every night of the week! But alas the $60-65 for each would set me back about $300 and even I think that's too much. Plus, then I would still have to pay for all the parties.

I'm not sure exactly what the discount is but I know when I rejoin I will be playing in at least two for NAKID because of this deal they offer. I guess it makes me a sucker and means it works, but I'm okay with that because I know I will get my money's worth. I hope that the other leagues will think about this and possibly do the same - that would be great.

UPDATE: As for my plan for kickball harmony, I have heard from NAKID (on board) and DC Kickball (not sure yet) and am still working on the other two. If anyone has any connections, please let me know. I think this could be great.

2 Comments:

  • I'd love to do something like this. Shoot me an email (carter.rabasa@gmail.com) or give me a call (202-285-6865) if you'd like to help coordinate.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:10 PM  

  • that dancing, blurry thing is the worst graphic ever

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home