Kickball in the City

Friday, June 16, 2006

Kickball Harmony Proposal

I know that all of my kickball leagues are in competition with one another for players, in the courtroom, and for field space but I think I have a fun solution: All of the leagues should have a tournament against each other!

We could have a few teams from each team play, make all of the people in charge be there, and then all go and drink afterward. Of course, people would have to agree on rules, the leagues could put up some scratch for beer - but don't you think that could all be worked out? I believe most of us who play kickball just want to have fun, meet people, and enjoy our time on Earth. I don't know if it would be the best teams, a conglomeration of players from different teams or what but it sounds like a good idea to me.

We can pick some weekend day in between all of the seasons, get WAKA, DC Kickball, NAKID, and District Sports out somewhere and just have fun and then go drinking. Maybe that will solve the problems that the leagues have with one another (and hey maybe they can share some ideas). Then we CAN all just get along.

Am I dreaming or is anybody with me?

4 Comments:

  • that would be awesome. especially if it could be an all-day kind of event in a park or location where someone could set up a food booth, a beer garden, good music, etc.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 AM  

  • All it takes is a few good men to put this together...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 PM  

  • Homer, we play in DC Kickball and would like to help coordinate from our end ... Get in touch if you really want to make this happen.

    By Blogger Editorial Dude, at 11:27 PM  

  • I don't know your email address, but contact me at kickball_homer@yahoo.com. I don't know how much power I have but I will try!

    By Blogger Kickball Homer, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home