Kickball in the City

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ranting and Raving


Ok, so Kickball Homer's in a bad mood. No life lesson here just a few things I have seen or done over the last week and have to comment on:

- Kickball Homer gets slammed by DC Kickball for saying the bar turnout is weak there. However, I was at the bar last night and it peaked at 67 people! Out of 200, wtf?! How 'bout some leadership to get people to the bar?

- Why the HELL do grown men fly kites? On my NAKID Sundays there is almost always at least one grown man flying a kite. I don't understand this crap. Get out of the way and go do something important, or at least drink beer.

- Kickball Homer still mad that I would have to go to Annapolis and Miami with WAKA team to have any serious playoff games.

- 67 people at the bar last night and the bartender tells me we blew through all of the Bud Light they have on tap for the DC Kickball special price. WTF?! Sounds like they had one keg upstairs for us and the rest downstairs, where they charge full price, for everyone else. I understand this from a business standpoint but that sucks for us.

- What the Hell is with all of the WAKA divisions having End of Seaon parties at My Brother's Place? I mean they are charging us $15 for all we can drink - THAT'S THE NORMAL DEAL ON SATURDAY'S AT MBP?! Where the Hell is the rest of my money going?

- NAKID finally gets good music this week after people harping about it all season - now if they would just fix the bathrooms at the Ugly Mug.

- Last, my team almost had a girl play last night who is not registered with out league. While I appreciate the rule bending to help us win if we had needed her (thankfully we did not) I don't like this. I paid $50 and if the other people can't get enough of their team to show up, some random chick should not be allowed to play for free. They should have to forfeit, that's the rules.

Ok, that's all for now, sorry about the whining but I'm in a bitchy mood today. Anyone else?

PS Again we got linked to the Post Express online. Woohoo!

3 Comments:

  • Sweet! We posted it up at kickball365.com too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:52 PM  

  • Did you happen to count how many NAKID kickballers showed up to the bar after this last Sunday’s NAKID games? It was way less than 67.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:41 PM  

  • Anon - I don't work for NAKID so I'm not sure what your comment is aimed at, however I did count and it as 124 at it's peak. NAKID didn't hammer me about it's people count, DC Kickball did.

    By Blogger Kickball Homer, at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home