Kickball in the City

Friday, June 23, 2006

Is the world ending?


I can't believe this may be happening... Yes the calendar read 6/6/6 two weeks ago, but the Kickball Harmony idea may actually happen - a true sign of the apocalypse is upon us!

I would like to first thank the leaders of NAKID, DC Kickball, and District Sports for all getting back to me and agreeing (I believe) to field a team for this and throw a little money on for beer. I couldn't get to the heads of WAKA, but the DC Star President has been very nice and seems like he will really work to get his division to pony up a team. So now I am looking to organize this thing. Here are my thoughts, feel free to add constructive insights:

* Reading the rules for most of the leagues they are generally the same, so that should be no big deal. I figure we take softball rules, make it minimum 4 girls and 4 guys, max 11 in the field and go from there. Maybe three fouls you're out and fouls and strikes count together.

* Either round robin or single elimination - not sure yet and would like input. RR delays drinking, but makes the games more worthwhile.

* We need refs.

* This is NOT a recruiting, league or player bashing, or any other ill feeling type event. This is for fun and to show that, Yes - we can all get along.

* Each league will need to donate at least a keg for post game drinking and a flip cup tournament. Plus one league is donating trophies for bragging rights.

* Free for players/refs/spectators.

* Thinking a Sunday (easier to get a bar) in late July or early August.

* Dress as fun/crazy as you want.

That's what I have for now. August 6 would be good I think. Thoughts from the hordes of readers?

Also, thanks again to all the leagues, I think this Kickball Kavalcade could be great!

4 Comments:

  • Does this mean we get to find out who you really are?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

  • So WAKA said no, or just didn't respond?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM  

  • I'm a NAKID member...and I think it would be fantastic to mix with the other leagues. :-)

    - crush

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:41 PM  

  • Still need a ref?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home