Kickball in the City

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!


More rainouts for me this week. I hate this, it cuts down on kickball and more importantly, social time at the bar.

Generally speaking I like the rain, it's refreshing and in these hot and humid months around here it's a nice relief but this is getting old. I think I've had about 5 rainouts this season between all my teams and it really sucks. I'm not sure the best way to handle this though, but I'll give it a shot:

FREE BEER at the bar - This is to entice players to come out and make both them and the bar happy. However, as previously discussed, this is not done uniformly so doesn't work. Although I think it could.

Play anyway - Really, what's a little rain? The odds of someone getting hit by lightning are remote so we should just play. If people slip and fall, hey it's a game. We used to laugh at that stuff. then everyone can head to the bar wet and drown their sorrows and play flip cup.

These are both okay I guess but run the risk of injuries, some divisions NOT getting free beer, or some other drama, so here's the perfect solution: Flip Cup! The teams convene at the bar and the ones scheduled to play on the field play flip cup at the bar. You can do it as innings, where each team gets to flip in their half of the inning. More than one flip to get the cup over is an out. One flip and that's a run. So if my team is up and I one flip we get a run, but if the next three people two flip, we only scored one run that inning and the other team is up. I think that would be fun and it would get people to go to the bar. Plus it might get those few teams who don't play flip cup or socilaize to learn to.

I think it's a grea idea... or at least better than nothing. And it's better than Rock/Paper/Scissors

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home