Kickball in the City

Monday, July 03, 2006

Wow, are these guys for real?


Last week's post was linked to the Washington Post Express and this led to many hits, which makes Kickball Homer happy. However, as with anything, this also allows those that are not yet as evolved to get through too. In this case the underdeveloped life form I am talking about is male softballers.

For some unbeknownst reason male softball players have some sort of anti-kickball stance that is part of their makeup. It's as if they think that playing softball somehow makes them real athletes as opposed to kickballers who I guess in their view are not. This of course leads them to denigrate kickballers in ways that have pretty much gone the way of separate water fountains and sitting at the back of the bus everywhere in America, except with these dolts.

Before I get in to some of the "comments" that I received from these creatins last week in regard to the post about how to treat customers, let's review a few facts for the softball Cro-Magnons:

* Last time I checked neither kickballers nor softballers get paid to play their sport.
* Both of these sports are played by kids in elementary schools
* Both sports consist of playing as an excuse to head to a bar and drink
* Unlike kickball, after about the age of 15, softball is mostly played by ladies

I bring these up because some of the comments I received last week would make you think... well I'll let you read:

"KIckball, that's for fags."

"I'd like to meet these people who play kickball, they probably are all old and fat."

"Kickballers are gay, softball is a real sport."

You get the drift.

Of course none of these well thought out, penetrating comments are germane to the blog I had written. Maybe they are just so impassioned about softball that they had to write. But I doubt it. It's more probable that these jerks have serious below the waist size issues or that they know they are playing a sport whose most popular and well known players are ALL female that they have to call kickballers names to make themselves feel better. Well, I have a message for these real men, these studly dudes:

GET OVER YOURSELVES YOU MORONS. WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? YOU WANT TO PLAY SOFTBALL, FINE, SAVE YOUR ANONYMOUS HOMOPHOBIC COMMENTS FOR YOUR BUDDIES
In the future, if you want to leave these comments softballers, attach your name, address, and phone number and I'll post it. Better yet, just go burn a cross or whatever it is that people who think like you do for fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home